Saturday, November 6, 2010

More Up-dates on The Book


After seeing the cover, and seeing how everyone reacted over at facebook, I know this is a great cover. I loved it when I first saw it too.

I've started a blog on the book's Launch Party. It can be viewed at:



I'm hoping for 10 followers by December, after which I will hold a contest for a free book. I'm thinking I should get at least that many.

I've yet to get a date for the book signing. I've yet to even speak to the manager at the bookstore. I should call her and see if I can set something up soon.

It's difficult to get into this mode again, after having done this once before. I now know what to expect. For instance I know that Borders, since they welcomed my first book, will more than likely order this one, and schedule a signing for me.

Barns & Nobel, on the other hand, were reluctant to do so. I could, if I had people hankering for the book, but I knew that once I had a book signing across the street, I wouldn't have that many people left who I knew well enough to ask if they wanted a book to come to the other bookstore.

Instead, I had copies of Spell of the Black Unicorn, and merely sold them out of hand.

I will also need to give the papers a heads up about the books release, and once I have a book signing date, to give them that in order to bring the people out. Since nothing will happen until December, I can hold off on that sweat-inducing interview(s).

I'm more prepared, actually, than before. Now that I've been doing a lot of networking, I've got fans all over. Hope to pull in more as time goes on, and the next book in this series pulls in even more.

I also hope to get a facebook fan page for the book as well. But, I'm waiting a little while longer to attempt this, since I need a full day to prepare it. Plus I've no idea how to go about this. I'm collecting know-how from various sources.

More as things progress. This is very exciting for me, and I'm very hopeful that this book does well. My publisher seems to be equally excited about promotion--unlike most POD publisher, this one is more hands-on because he wants to make money--since I payed nothing down on the book's production. Thus, the incentive is more on him than on me, but I do want this to be very successful.

No comments: