Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Morning Musing

Had a good, long weekend. I didn't have to work on Saturday, for one thing. Since it was pouring rain, that was a plus. But on the down side, my husband and I had to run some errends in town, which meant we got wet a few times.

I've gone through Vampire Ascending for the last time, until I get word, one way or another from the editor. The last time she'd sent me any e-mail about my sending her the edited section of chapter one was last Monday. I've had nothing from her since. So, I'm still in limbo.

I don't know if all this waiting around is worth it. Maybe if I just get this thing published somehow--I do have another alternative, if I want to take it, it's just that I don't know that it has that good of a track record, since it had only 2 authors with fiction at it's site. It would still be better than giving up publishing all together, and better than paying to have someone publish it--whether it's an eBook or just a regular book.

Yesterday was a bit on the windy side, but much nicer, after all the rain washed the humidity away. My husband and I went for a walk. We talked of our eventual get-away--that's what we call our vacations. We "get away" from here, from people, and enjoy the outdoors. Because we enjoy the western states, sounds like my husband has settled on northern New Mexico, and we'll drive from our state of IL. through Iowa, into Nebraska, stay the night in York, then go on down I-80, turn left at North Plat and go into Kansas.

That's the route going out. What we do from there will largely depend upon finances, and our goals, once August gets closer, we'll know a little better.

Well, I'm going to go back to my work.

No comments: