Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Types of Vampires


If you thought there was only one type of vampire, well, you're wrong. There are many different types of vampires and what they feed on. Let us look at a couple which I am mainly interested in and will be using in the next two books.

Not only are there Sanguine Vampires, such as the types we know of from the popular movies, TV, and books, but there are others, who take blood from their victims, but here are a few more to consider.

Energy Vampires, or what could be called Psychic Vampires, take energy from others. These are common, and from what I gather from various sources, are very real, living people. Many claim that unless they "feed" from others they feel very sluggish, even weak. Some must be in the same room with their victim. However there are some who can perform such energy vampirism from afar. Many such vampires will not feed from someone who isn't aware that they are doing so, and find a willing subject.

Sexual Vampires have refined their tastes to take energy which is released through sex. I would think the same applies as with Energy Vampires. The vampire would want to give their victim ample warning beforehand.

For my very fictional vampires, I've found ways to incorporate them into my next two books. My next book, Vampire's Trill I introduce a "psychic" vampire, who I will have return in a later novel.

The third book, tentatively titled "Between The Veils" will deal with several different vampires, as well as a Nephilim who has the ability to send forth something quite terrible.

On that note I leave you. A very good night from your Mistress of the Dark.

No comments: