Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Letting My Muse Take Me Away

I don't care how long you are a writer of fiction, there's always a story bubbling inside you. I no sooner finished the second book, wondering what I'd do for a third, and boom. There it was in my head. The writing muse just took over. All these characters get inside my head and won't go away. What's a writer to do but get this stuff down!

Next book is about Sabrina being asked to help a detective solve a murder mystery--not on her world, but in his. His world is called Darkland, and it's "between the veils". And the people being murdered are humans for their blood. Jett, the detective is not only a detective but informs her he's a necromancer and a vampire. He explains in there at some point that he and others had lived on what was known as Atlantis, and knowing that a meteor was about to kill them all, they did some hocus-pocus chanting and low and behold, they wound up in their own dimension.

I'm still working on the details. This is to be an in-between book. I wrote 6 pages today. I don't like to put too much pressure on myself as far as how many pages I can write in a day. I can write 20 if the words are flowing. Today was a little tough, but I'm impressed I actually got something done between checking out all my blogs I watch.

Still no word from editor.

But I now have a chapter reading buddy and we will exchange chapters and this will be a good. It's good to have another pair of eyes reading your work, they might catch or notice something you didn't.

No comments: