Sunday, May 23, 2010

Writer, Interrupted

It seems to me that I'm on a journey of discovery. The journey is quite rocky, full of hills, cliffs and even disastrous falls. At times I'm totally in the dark. I don't know where my next turn will be. And sometimes I come to a dead end.

I have to turn around and find my way back to the original path. And again, I never know where it will lead.

As a writer it is the journey that helps build who you are. All those pit-falls, dead ends, if they gained me nothing but make me a little stronger, and wiser for knowing better next time, then okay. I guess it was worth it.

I began writing more than 40 years ago. Wow. A life time. I don't feel my age some days--especially when I'm writing my favorite fantasies. But looking back, I wonder how the hell I came so far and made so little impact.

It's not to say I didn't actually accomplish a few things. At least I do have one book out there.

And I'm not finished yet. I'll let you know when I am.

No comments: